Welcome!

We've all heard that you can't judge a book by it's cover, and I try not to do that. I dive right in and read them. Once I've read them I share my thoughts, reviews, delights and disappointments. I hope they lead others to enjoy a few minutes with a good book.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Review of Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler

I just finished Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler. It is a short but likable novel.

Alice J. Wisler's debut novel draws you into the life of Nicole Michelin and her eccentric, but likable, family in Mount Olive, NC. Nicole, a teacher at the local high school, is a fish lover and writes an internet column called "Pretty Fishy". This website introduces her to Harrison, a man half way around the world who holds the key to her past.
The book is easy to read and inspirational. Nicole must be willing to step out on faith and face her fears in order to move forward with her life. I only wish the story were a bit longer so that we could find out how facing those fears impacts her life and relationships with her family and her new friend Harrison.

Rain Song

No comments: