Welcome!

We've all heard that you can't judge a book by it's cover, and I try not to do that. I dive right in and read them. Once I've read them I share my thoughts, reviews, delights and disappointments. I hope they lead others to enjoy a few minutes with a good book.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prepared for Rage Prepared for Rage by Dana Stabenow


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I picked up this book because I recognized the author's name. I've read a couple of the books in the Kate Shugak mystery series by Dana Stabenow and I enjoyed both the mystery, and their setting in Alaska.



This book is not part of that series. In fact, it is quite different. I find this one to be more of a thriller with 3 separate story lines: the story of a bitter young middle eastern man determined to teach the U.S. a lesson, a female astronaut preparing to live her dream on her first shuttle launch, and a coast guard captain with political ties tasked with security detail for the launch. We also follow the CIA as they hunt for a terrorist cell across the globe.



The story starts slowly and builds to an exciting climax. The main characters are well defined, and as the plot lines converge we understand just how much that moment means to each one of them. I found this to be an interesting and satisfying read.


View all my reviews.

No comments: